Introducing Team Ireland for the European Cybersecurity Challenge!
The team met at Dublin airport at 8.00 am sharp for our Blue Air flight to Bucharest, and after a quick breakfast we were ready for our 3 hr 40 journey.
The team is made up of 16-25 year olds from a variety of backgrounds and locations in Ireland, who were chosen after displaying their aptitude for ethical hacking in online and on-site qualification rounds.
This year Ireland is returning to the 2019 European Cybersecurity Challenge after a year-long hiatus. This year’s challenge in Bucharest, Romania is the biggest event in ECSC history, with over 20 European countries competing to be the best team.
Tomorrow, the Irish team will begin the competition and will face a variety of Web, Cryptography, Binary Reversing & Exploitation, Hardware and Forensics challenges. You can follow our blog here for updates on each day of the competition!
Tonight we got set up on the infrastucture and scoring system and had dinner in the venue (which also happens to be the seat of the Romanian parliament):
Schedule for tomorrow:
- 08.45 – arrive at competition room – Palace of the
- 09.00 – 09.30 – Welcome speech
- 09.30 – 10.00 – ENISA – rules and jury presentation
- 10:00 – 18:00 – Contest – day 1
- 13:00 – 15:00 – Lunch (no break in the competition)
- 17.00 – 17.30 – Presentations time slots according to the scoreboard
- 19.00 – 24.00 – Dinner